As part of our campaign to close Guantánamo, we are collecting pictures of people who stand for human rights from across America, and who believe that keeping Guantánamo open is itself a national security threat.
We are going to make a video urging people to stand up to the fearmongering and urge the administration to promptly close the detention facility at Guantánamo.
And then send us a picture saying you have!
Here is what we need you to do:
- Make a sign, it can literally be any size at all, as long as it is clearly legible. The sign should say "I signed" on the top line, and then your signature below it on the second line (see examples).
- Show where you stand. Take your sign somewhere well-known wherever you're from and get a picture of you, holding the sign, with that recognizable thing in the background.
- Send us the picture at email@example.com.
- Spread the word to your friends and family. Post your picture and link to the petition on your social networks.
It's that simple. We need as much support as we can right now. Thanks for your help – we would like all the pictures by Monday, January 18, but sooner is better.
A couple of details to keep in mind:
- It is really important that all of the signs take up the same amount of space in the picture as the model photos. The sign can be a full sheet of paper, a business card, or a poster.
- Legibility will be very important, so make sure your signs show up on in the picture.